Sunday, September 16, 2007

Emmy Live Blog!! Part III

Finally, we're done with all the movie and miniseries awards. Seacrest is STILL awful.

10:04 Masi Oka is great...and he's talking about computers. OOOH, dorks on their computers, or should I say....Macs. Masi better watch out...Al Gore is ocming on stage, and he WANTS TO EAT YOU. My God gore is fat....and green. He gets a standing O, way to live up to your stereotypes of being hippies.

Ah, Al Gore. Proof that there is something more boring than hearing the President of the Academy speak.

10:07 It's the cast of Til Death making a bad sex joke...followed by a great cleavage joke. Followed by a really mean joke, followed by a great Charlie Sheen joke. Talk about an uneven performance. They keep going, a bad craigslist joke, and a good Sen. Craig joke.

Despite the horribleness that is Everybody Loves Raymond, I'm prepared to believe that Brad Garrett is actually funny.

They're up their to give the award for best performance in a comedy/variety show: Tony Bennett, of course. This is terrible... my only consolation is that Colbert will be funnier because of it.

I had to root for Tony Bennett, who then came on and mumbled something about Target. One of the few downsides of gambling, I suppose.

10:11 So Anthony Anderson and Teri Hatcher are at the Emmy stage...and its not too bad. They bring on the guest stars for comedy series; Stan "Mike Wolly look-alike" Tucci and Elaine Strich. Hahaha, she can't read the teleprompter, and it's the best moment so far on the show.

Elaine Streitch (or whoever she is) is my hero.

They're giving the award for Directing, comedy series: Richard Shepard, Ugly Betty.. Hrm. Looks like Jared's pulling away with this competition.

10:16 Teri Hatcher and Anthony Anderson are back for writing in a comedy: Greg Daniels, The Office, "Gay Witch Hunt". I'm really happy for them, but I need to start winning some points if I want to beat Jared.

Yay Office. Well done, Emmys. This time.

10:25 Wayne Brady is fantastic. He should host the Emmys next year. He "randomly announces" two audience members to compete to present the reality award, and its....Rainn Wilson and....Kanye West. This is great shtick...how did the same room of people who wrote this also wrote Seacrest's crap.

I really have to hand it to the Emmys, the comic interludes have actually been funny.

Rainn presents with Kanye for best reality show: Amazing Race. No shock there, but I think they should have to lose their previous awards for the Family version.

Yeah, really, it had to be Amazing Race. All of us but Scholle were being silly. Good job, Scholle.

10:35 Stewart and Colbert come up to present an award...Colbert has a leafblower, to mock the "green" Emmy's. "If entertainers stop publicly congratulating themselves, then the Earth wins." Well played, Colbert.

They're announcing best actor in a comedy: Ricky Gervais. Thats a shocker, but Steve Carrelll comes on anyway to accept the award.

I didn't realize America cared about Extras. Weird.

10:40 Hold on, there's no lifetime achievement award and no "look who died" montage? Sad. Hugh Laurie and Felicity Huffman give the award for Best Actress to Sally Field. They like her, they really like her.

Wow. Sally Field, never woulda guessed that. Sorry, Edie. I would have sworn the Sopranos lovin' would have spilled over. By the way, I'm not sure I could guess how old Sally Field is if you gave me a ten year cushion either way.

Fox is afraid of the PTC....dammit, they cut off Sally Field because of she said "goddamn." I'd really like to believe its not because she criticized the war.

10:44 I spoke too soon. MONTAGE OF DEAD PEOPLE...I love this stuff.

Yankees up 4-1 in the 8th and Patriots up 31-14 in the third.

It is really creepy that Brian loves the dead person montage. Right? That's not just me.


10:52 Debra Messing and the Shat present the word for Actress, Comedy: America Ferrera, Ugly Betty. No shocker there.I can't figure out if she's cute or not. But good for her...I dont really know if she's any better than the other nominees since I dont watch any of the show's nominated.

I feel like after all these awards, I have to Netflix Ugly Betty. Which will make the inevitable disappointment hurt so much worse.

10:55 And the James Gandolfini award goes to....James Gandolfini. As read by...WHAA????? JAMES SPADER??? YOu can't blame these Emmy's for being predictable. Absurd.

There's a new series called "Private Practice and Cane"? Sounds pretty good!

I would have lost a rather large amount of money if I could have bet on Gandolfini winning. Man. That's shocking.


11:02 Jared: Well, it all comes down to this.

I dont know why Jared thought 2.5 Men would win, cause it clearly won't. 30 Rock, that's pretty surprising, again. Tina Fey isn't very funny, and I dont think I can ever be convinced otherwise. Ian's pleased, I know, but...The Office is better! COME ON!

John will be happy, even if it means we tie. I've made promises to watch this show, so I'll reserve comment.

11:08 Queen Elizabeth dishes out the award for Outstanding Drama Series...which I would have thought was a shoo-in for The Sopranos, but after Gandolfini-gate, who knows. The Sopranos. Hear, hear! The last season was really really good, so nicely done Emmy Committee.

Jared: Well, I'm glad the Sopranos won Best Drama. Glad to see the Emmys have a little class in them.

I'm forgoing writing about the acceptance speech, cause we have to drive back to the district tonight, and I'm tired.

This has been fun. See you at the Golden Globes.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Sammy Akkoush said...

where's the comments on who was hot and who wasn't?


NO RED CARPET COVERAGE = OUTRAGE

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should email my pal about your post.

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

я думаю: превосходно. а82ч

 

Post a Comment

<< Home