Thursday, February 09, 2006

Another one joins the iTunes Bandwagon

Showtime programs are now available on iTunes. It's pretty cool that not only are cable networks now going the way of subscription services online...but that it is a premium cable network to make the first deal.

Now I can finally see what Weeds is all about without having to subscribe to Showtime...or get TiVo. I hope this works out for them.

But this has bigger implications. Now that ABC and Showtime both have deals with iTunes, isn't it safe to say that wherever Arrested Development ends up, it could be available online? I'm salivating already at the prospect....but would Fox own the rights to Seasons 1-3? probably...sigh.

On that note, check this space for an Arrested fare-thee-well tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger LL said...

Wolly, I suppose it's time I outed myself as a fellow blogger. Also, regarding podcasts: I'm very disappointed with the Onion's. I think it's the guy's voice that makes it so unappealing. I agree, though, that the availability of cable shows on iTunes is pretty effing sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home