Sunday, March 05, 2006

Original Screenplay

Thank god Syriana didnt win. The guy put an IKEA in Rockville, MD, my hometown. There is no IKEA in Rockville. Friggin idiot.

But then Crash won. Which is a crappy movie. These two guys are racist, I just know it. You know how? Because according to them, we're all a little bit racist. But I learned that from Avenue Q, the musical that mocked Sesame Street. I don't need it from a hackneyed farce of a movie.

Really, it is a crying shame that the Academy decided to go with a movie that got a lot of buzz as opposed to a movie that was actually well-written, like, say, The Squid and the Whale. I'm kinda wondering if Squid/Whale or Match Point took place in LA if they would have stood a better shot of taking this Oscar down. Paul Haggis is an unsubtle writer who hides behind Important Social Issues and is a great symbol for everything that went wrong with the Oscar nominations this year.

Squid and the Whale was a brilliant movie...I hope Noah Baumbach gets recognized for his future offerings, he'll deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home