Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Updated Soprano Thoughts -- Vol I, Post ii

A few straggling thoughts that I forgot to include in the earlier post.

  • I've found it interesting in how Tony and AJ respond to their respective psychiatrists. Tony never tells the full truth to Dr. Melfi, sometimes even lying to himself and to her to avoid tackling the real issues. It's readily apparent, however, that AJ is an open book and told his psych all about his problems. Ironically, neither of them seem to have been helped by their "terapy".
  • I agree with Tony Soprano that AJ was too pathetic and incompetent to pull of his own suicide.
  • Maybe I was wrong about the whole jihadist thing. Slate's Tim Noah sees a possible connection, and my friend Seth also thinks that the al-Jazeera Web site could go somewhere. I'm still not convinced. I think the AJ plot line is done for the season, with him remaining in the hospital under observation as the show closes out. I can't figure out what the point is of the two terrorists...but we'll see.
  • Annie and I both want to know, "WHERE IS ARTIE BUCCO????"
  • Since this is somewhat mob related, this YouTube mashup of the Godfather IV: Fredo's Revenge is brilliant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtf_Gxy9ZRY&eurl=

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home